...Thank you for dropping by my blogsite. Share your story as I share mine. Godbless! :-)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

..oRaNge

Main Entry: [1]or·ange
Pronunciation: 'är-inj, 'är(-&)nj; chiefly Northern & Midland 'or-inj, 'or(-&)nj
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Old Provençal auranja, from Arabic nAranj, from Persian nArang, from Sanskrit nAranga orange tree
1 a : a globose berry with a yellowish to reddish orange rind and a sweet edible pulp b : any of various rather small evergreen trees (genus Citrus) with ovate unifoliolate leaves, hard yellow wood, fragrant white flowers, and fruits that are oranges
2 : any of several trees or fruits resembling the orange
3 : any of a group of colors that lie midway between red and yellow in hue

I suddenly remembered my favorite dog named "Orange". Maybe you're wondering why on earth I called my dog with such name. Well, I called my dog orange for three reasons. First, it's my favorite fruit and second, it's actually one of my favorite colors and lastly, I am tired of the usual dog name whitey or blackey.

Another reason that made me call him orange, is because he's all white furred and he has two orange spots (one larger than the other) at his back. Tell you what, I'll give anything just to see "Orange" alive until this very date. I hate it when I remember the cause of his death. He was hit by a soda truck passing by our Hi-way. I still feel sorry for what happened to my dog. Up until now, I miss that Orange. He was no nice and he was one of the dog whom you can rely on in terms of security. I remember when he usually go to the our store and guard it especially when we're not around.

How about you guys, have you ever had a dog like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...